Not all Angus is equal.
According to the Certified Angus Beef ® website, "other labels may say Angus, but that's where the similarities end. The difference is in the flavor. And that's where the Certified Angus Beef ® brand sets the bar. Beef must pass 10 stringent quality specifications to earn the brand's premium mark, ensuring you always enjoy flavorful, tender, juicy cuts of beef."
Marbling and maturity
- Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
The next three specifications ensure a uniform, consistent steak size:
- 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
- Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- Less than 1-inch fat thickness
And finally, four specifications further ensure the quality appearance and tenderness of the brand:
- Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Information courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef ® website.
Signature Ground Hamburgers
Click Here to learn more about our Signature Lean Ground Hamburgers